This / That ? I like this-I like that I read this book- i read that book-how would be more right? When to use "this" and when to use "that"?
You most frequent use of 'this' is when, 1. The object you are talking about is near to you (e.g., you pick up a book and tell your friend "This is the book I read") 2. You are talking about something that has just happened or you are already talking about a particular behaviour (e.g., you tell your friend "Is this how you repay me for my friendship ? " or "This is not a good way to do things") You use 'that' generally when : 1. the object you are talking about is a little far off (e.g., "Do you see that star ?" OR "Do you know that person ?" OR you take a friend to a book store and pointing to a book on the shelf say " Have you read that book kept there" 2. You are talking about a thing that has already been introduced in the conversation.(e.g. you and your friend are talking about a book that you had read early morning and you say "That book was amazing. I have never read anything like that" These are some of the most used examples. The language is too huge for me to list all examples but I hope you have got a basic idea now.