nozturk
Are these sentences all ok and natural? I woke up by the sound of the explosion? I woke up by the sound of the blast? I woke up by the sound of the bursting? I woke up by the sound of the explosion gunshots? We heard the sound of the explosion from here. What did you do when you heard the gunshots? What did you do when you heard the blast? What did you do when you heard the explosion? What did you do when you heard the blowup? What did you do when you heard the bursting?
1
0
All are fine except: I woke up AT the sound of the explosion? I woke up AT the sound of the blast? I woke up AT the sound of the bursting? I woke up AT the sound of the explosion gunshots? or - I WAS AWAKENED BY THE SOUND OF... We would not say: What did you do when you heard the blowup? What did you do when you heard the bursting? We would be more likely to say: We heard the explosion from here.
nozturk
English, Turkish