sunny
What is the meaning of this sentence. "I can't step down off of my talness." What is the meaning of this sentence.
4
0
It's a joke. Sometimes you need a sense of humour to understand some sentences. Compare: I can't step down off of the table. I can't step down off of my position. I can't step down off of my tallness. off of = from
first we should go through the whole context. The girl looked at her boyfriend and said: "I can't step down off of my tallness.". Then both of them left the party. It means the girl told her boyfriend that she will not lower herself. In other world "This person has a great amount of pride, and is not willing to be humbled.
This quote, with the final word as "tallnes", has been discussed in several other discussion groups. Personally, I think someone writing song lyrics wanted people to think that the sentence had deep meaning whereas I would send the line back for rewrite. Revision is not simply an eight letter word.
sunny