Sam
A Gap in English Language: Romur or Reality? n my country, English teachers say there is no question sentence for this example in English language: Barack Obama is the 44th president of the United States We have to make a question sentence from above sentence that has an answer like this: ………………………………. ? 44th . Another example: Assume that I'm in a queue to buy something. In front of me, there are two people. So I'm the third. My brother calls me and asks me a question that his answer will be "The third". In my language we use a sentence like this: "How-manyth are you?" do you have any words instead of "How-manyth"?
What number president of the United States is Barack Obama? 44th. What place are you in line? OR In what place are you in line? OR Where are you in the line/queue? Third. (3rd)
Is Barack Obama the 44th president of the United States? What place are you in the queue? or Where are you in the queue?