rfvlxz
what is the meaning of these sentences?? It's the heart that counts. It is not clear what, if any, official role militias like the Ganda Koy will play in any miltiary offensive to the North
As for your second question, I will simplify the ideas in the sentence this way: There are military groups (militias) called Ganda Koy in northern Mali. These groups are not part of the government army of the country of Mail. Thus, they are not "official" groups. If the government of Mali sends its official army to battle, it might use these unofficial militia groups in its effort, or it might not use them. "It is not clear what role the groups will play." An actor plays a role in a movie. Sometimes, the term "play a role" is used when no movie or acting is involved. For example, right now, I am playing the role of a teacher while I write this answer. When I ask a question about my Spanish lessons, I am playing the role of a student. So, will the militia play the role of official army if the country of Mali goes into battle? It is not clear. The writer of the article does not know.
I have never heard the expression, "It's the heart that counts." But a very, very common expression in English is this: "It's the thought that counts." Maybe that's what the writer or speaker meant to say? This idiom is used when someone has good intentions to please another person, but the outcome of their action is not totally successful. It is very often said when a person buys a gift but the gift is the not appropriate or useful for the recipient. When my husband bought me earrings that did not match the necklace he was hoping to match them with, I was not unhappy, because "His heart was in the right place" (another similar idiom, which does use the word "heart") and "It's the thought that counts."