nozturk
Which one is ok and natural? Or what would you say? Thus I realised how much I need you. In this manner, I realised how much I need you. In this way, I realised how much I need you.
3
0
Nozturk, all of those are correct. But all of them are very formal and would sound funny in everyday speech. In fact, we almost never use the word "thus" in everyday speech. All of the sentences would work well in more formal writing. In everyday speech, I would say something like this: "That's when I realized how much I need you." or "When that happened, I realized how much I need you."
Thus I realised how much I need you. ...or... That's how I realised how much I need you. The other two are not right.
A comment on my own answer: I just noticed that I used the word "funny" to describe how these sentences would sound in everyday speech. Did you know that we use the word "funny" in two different ways? "Funny" is very often used to mean "odd" or "peculiar" but of course it also means "humorous." Do you know which way I intended it?
nozturk
English, Turkish