suciati anandes II
what different between British and American ? i'm so confused about different between British and American ?
5
1
I see that you speak Malay, which is not spoken in many different areas of the world, so perhaps there is only one version of Malay? However, English is spoken in places that are far from each other, so the accent and many unique expressions have developed quite differently in each place. We even use different words for some common objects: American: truck = British: lorry American: diaper = British: nappy (or nappie? I'm not sure of spelling) American: elevator = British: lift There are many, many more examples! As an American, I can instantly know if a person is British (meaning that they are from England), the very minute I hear the person speak. The accent is absolutely identifiable and usually sounds very pleasant and upper-class! And a British person will know I am American...and I fear that my American accent does not sound pleasant or upper-class when they hear me speak!
Are you talking about the language or people ?
thanks for answer my question miss sandy.. that is very helpful... :D
December 10, 2012
suciati anandes II
English, Malay