Eimantas
Which one is better? The food was so delicious that my mouth watered each time. The food was so delicious that my mouth watered every time. The food was so delicious that my mouth was watering every time.
2
0
While the first two may be grammatically correct, the second is the preferred. Let us examine the differences between these two seemingly similar words by beginning with examples: “Each and every one of us, owes duties towards the nation in which we reside’. Here, both the words have been used, but it is very clear that every needs another word (which could be anything – ‘one’, ‘man’, ‘woman’, ‘child’, ‘thing’, etc) to complete its meaning. ‘Each’ refers to one, and ‘every’ refers to all. Both are usually used together in the phrase ‘each and every’ to connote the impact. ‘Each’ and ‘every’ can also be used in the exact same sentence, but there are more suitable uses for the former, and sometimes it is more suitable to use the latter. For example: “Each man for himself’, ‘Every man for himself’, ‘Each item should be listed’, ‘Every item should be listed’. All four of the previous sentences seem correct at first, but you will realize that each is more human, and every is more for ‘things’. Thus, the first and the last of the above 4 sentences are more appropriate than the second and the third ones. ‘Every time’ would be a better choice than ‘each time’. Read more: Difference Between Each and Every | Difference Between | Each vs Every http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-each-and-every/#ixzz290lUpRXX
All three are about equal in my opinion, the last one being in past continuous (was watering) could make it have different connotations depending on the context but other than that they're all fine.
Eimantas
English, French, German, Lithuanian
English, French, German