Billy
Is this written or spoken? 日 I am curious if I say this or if I say a different word?.
either you are asking the difference between 日 and 曰 or the difference between the main meaning of 日and the slang meaning and there is no "i said the word" in Chinese language because -- there are too many omophones yet in this very case 日 is the only symbol for "rì" syllable
1 台灣的國語文教育 未曾將詞彙區分為書面語 與口頭語 許多文言詞彙仍以固定詞組方式保留至今 成語即是文言文改變形態後的殘留與應用 2 "日" 作動詞 作鄙語 在臺灣並不通行 推估 該是 方言 "入" 的訛音借用字
日 this word usually used with ohter words like 日本(japan).纪念日(anniversary).This word also frequently uede network language ,If you used this alone ,it became derogratory term in some context.
sometimes it has a bad means
日 also we use this to means days.combination with other words.it means a lot.like 日本(japan).纪念日(anniversary)and so no.日 as a spoken language means damn.