Jason
Korean Pronouns? I was just wondering, what are the common Korean pronouns in both formalities? For example, "he and she" in English. Thank you~Actually, better question. I know the pronouns, but I was wondering how I would go about saying something like the lines of, "(s)He's stupid." or "Why did (s)he come?" Even something like, "(s)He's a teacher." I know you can use 그 and 그녀, but I know they're uncommon. Help~
5
1
He and she = 그 남자랑 그 여자 (S)He = 그 (여)남자 He or She = 그 사람 = the person in Korea we can use like 그 사람/그 남자/그 여자. but rather we use general noun like for kid 그 아이, for teacher 그 선생님, for mom 그 아줌마. another example, I have a friend. The friend is very tall. (We usually don't say (S)He is very tall) and the friend is also very handsome. (still We don't say (S)He is also very handsome)
When you don't know his/her name, 그 분 or 그 사람 - 그분은 선생님이셔. Casually? '걔는' - 걔는 뭐하는데?, 걔는 바보야.
Usually, use people's name. 철수는 바보야 or 영희는 왜 왔데?
Just google it. There's even a wikipedia article with all the pronouns.
Jason
English, French, Korean
French, Korean