Andrei
Strange song. I can't get it. Here is a part of the song 'You’re missing where men with courage stand Somehow you’re missing will you listen now? I miss you overturning exec Misuse of commander and chief signature But now you’re doling out the dollars But I would forgive you if you would be the change again And I could support you if freedom rang aloud again' What does 'overturning exec ' mean and is it linked with 'I miss you' somehow 'Misuse of commander and chief signature ' - don't understand
Andrei, The song is about the disappointment the singer feels in Barack Obama. "To miss" has several different meanings. There are two different uses of this word in the part of the song that you quoted. You’re missing where men with courage stand. = You are not present where men of courage stand. I miss being home at Christmas. = I am sad that I am not home for Christmas. I miss you overturning exec = I am sad (or disappointed) that you do not overturn exec... I miss you overturning exec Misuse of commander and chief signature I am disappointed that you do not overturn the executive misuse of the commander and chief signature. to overturn....decide something is wrong and change it. executive misuse .....misuse of the executive office of president commander and chief.....president as the head of the military signature....the ability of the president to sign a document and commit the nation to war. She is sad that the president continues to misuse his power to fight wars without the approval of the American Congress. According to the Constituion of the USA, a vote of Congress must take place before the president can make war. Recent presidents have failed to seek this approval from Congress and have simply used their executive signature to commit the nation to war.