Andrew
"to get a load...." What does it mean? Could you explain please
Load is used in quite a few different ways, so let me try some examples... You are probably referring to the interjectory phrase, "Get a load of this!" This is used to tell someone that you have just discovered something interesting. If I am reading a good article online, I might say "Get a load of this!" to my friend nearby. Getting a load can also refer to the act of obtaining something that has been loaded. If I needed some wood, and the wood is delivered on a truck, I could say "I need to get a load of wood." So to clarify that, placing wood into a truck is called "loading" and the wood that has ALREADY been loaded can then simply be referred to as "a load." This is by no means a complete explanation of "to get a load" but hopefully this helps you a little. :)
It is an idiom. It means to look at or observe; to notice something. It is most often used when the speaker believes the item being noticed is a bit strange or unexpected. Get a load of this (pink , blue, orange and yellow) car! The colors would not normally be stated, so it would just be "Get a load of this car!" since the speaker would expect the listener to notice what is odd as soon as they see the car.