Brainer
Is "to take notes" the same as "to make a note"? I have decided to make a note of this recipe. I have decided to take notes while I was listening to my teacher. I think that "to make a note of sth" is a transitive verb and "to take notes" is an intransitive verb. I belive the rephrasing of these sentences would be: I have decided to write down this recipe. I have decided to write down the things my teacher was saying. Thank you in advance!I believe that "to make a note of sth" is the same as "to take a note of sth".
If you make a note of (or about) something, you write down just one item of information, possibly two. If you make a note of your class starting time, you just write down one piece of information. If you take notes during your class, you are writing many short pieces of information, all related to the teacher's lecture. "I took a lot of notes for the math class." "She took notes during the meeting." If you take note of something, it means that you notice it and give it special attention. It may or may not have some significance. "He took note of the fact that she was no longer wearing her wedding ring."