阮慈清
a company of cellphone or a cellphone company I'm quite confused for using this one. I want to say like - Nokia is a company of cellphone. or Nokia is a cellphone company. - This one is a magazine of cars or This one is a car magazine. - That one is a Japanese book. or That one is book of Japanese.
9
0
I don't know the exact grammatical reasoning for this, but the correct way is "Nokia is a cellphone company." That is not always the case though. Your second sentence sounds alright because you used the plural "cars." Thus, both of your second sentences are correct, but may imply different meanings. If you were to say "This is a magazine of car" that would be incorrect. In the third case, it is correct to say "This is a Japanese book" to say that the book is from Japan. And even though "Japanese" can also be a plural form, it is ambiguous in the second example and therefore incorrect.
Nokia is a cellphone company. This one is a car magazine. That one is a Japanese book.=>it is written in Japanese or the writing of this book is Japanese.but This one is the book of Japanese.=>it belongs to people of Japan.
Hi! The second one in each example is correct (Japanese book / car magazine/ cellphone company).
Whoops, I meant to put that in the answer section.
阮慈清
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, French, Japanese, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, French, Japanese