xili
intermediary,moderator,mediator, how to distinguish them?
All three have similar meanings, but are slightly different. I will do my best to explain. Intermediary is a person who acts as an agent between two things or people. It is also called a go-between. A moderator is someone who presides over something, like a meeting or a debate. A moderator is usually needed where there is a conflict or disagreement between the parties and he or she is the person responsible to 'keep the peace'. A mediator is very similar to a moderator. He or she resolves differences in a dispute, with the intent of settling the dispute fairly and (hopefully) a positive result. I hope this helps you.
An intermediary is more often used to mean something like a messenger - someone that carries messages and information back and forth between two or more people or groups. A moderator controls a discussion or debate.. They are not an intermediary or mediator, as they are not there to help settle a dispute or carry messages back and forth. A mediator helps to settle an argument between two more people or groups. 'Mediator' can also mean the same thing as 'intermediary', but is usually not used in that way.