Yang
Are there any slang or idiom that is taling about the significance of volunteering work? Are there any slang or idiom that is taling about the significance of volunteering work or the devotion to society?
2
0
volunteer work = to do your bit for society
Hello, Yang! I can think of a only couple expressions about volunteering. 1. To do one's part, "I volunteer at the anmal shelter once a week because I care about animals and I believe I should do my part." 2. To give back: "My father had a car repair business, and he often taught poor teenagers how to work on cars, because he believed in giving back to the community." That is the best I can do...maybe someone else can do better. My own father used to quote a saying from Winston Churchill, who is very famous but I don't know how famous this saying is: “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
Yang