yammy
What does "in this dive" mean? "In this dive we rediscover sensation."
in this dive= in this shabby/poor/dirty place
The Musical HAIR has many themes including: The Age of Aquarius (astrology), hair, rebellion, drugs, politics, war (anti-war), coming of age, revolution, music, space exploration, and others... Though I have seen it, I am not intimately familiar with the musical. Others may understand this better than I do.... The word DIVE has multiple meanings and slang usages. The meaning of IN THIS DIVE in the context of the poetry of this song could be purposely vague. A DIVE can refer to a bar, restaurant, cafe, etc. which is not chic. A DIVE can refer to a free-fall, such as one executes before opening a parachute or entering the water of a pool or lake, etc. It can represent the experience of immersing oneself in something quickly, deeply and fully....Here, it may well refer to a drug experience, such as an acid trip (which might be happening in a DIVE cafe or hangout...) I hope this helps!
WALKING IN SPACE From the Musical Hair The Tribe Doors locked (doors locked) Blinds pulled (blinds pulled) Lights low (lights low) Flames high (flames high) My body (my body) My body My body (my body) My body My body Is walking in space My soul is in orbit With God face to face Floating, flipping Flying, tripping Tripping from Pottsville to Starlight Tripping from Starlight to Moonville On a rocket to The Fourth Dimension Total self awareness The intention My mind is as clear as country air I feel my flesh, all colors mesh Red black Blue brown Yellow crimson Green orange Purple pink Violet white White white White white White white All the clouds are cumuloft Walking in space Oh my God your skin is soft I love your face How dare they try to end this beauty? How dare they try to end this beauty? To keep us under foot They bury us in soot Pretending it's a chore To ship us off to war In this dive We rediscover sensation In this dive We rediscover sensation Walking in space We find the purpose of peace The beauty of life You can no longer hide Our eyes are open Our eyes are open Our eyes are open Our eyes are open Wide wide wide!