Jinglian
Is the sentence right? Because I live far from the company I have to go to work in different ways/means of transportation. First, I ride to the bus stop near my home, then I take the bus, finally I walk to the company.
6
0
It depends... If you are writing, I say it's wrong because you don't begin a sentence with the "middle of the sentence conjunctions" - "because", "but", "and" "or", "nor". However, we can understand your meaning. I would rephrase it as, Due to the distance from home to work, I have to walk to the station for the bus and then walk again to the office. It is understood that your chief means of transport is riding the bus.
The person above me (sorry, can't read the name) has pretty much explained the whole thing. Another way to say the same thing would be : "As my place of work is far away from my home and there is no end-to-end means of transportation, I have to use multiple means of transportation while going to work. First, I take/ride to the bus stop, then I take the bus to the bus stop nearest to my company and then I walk the rest of the distance." the above sentence is long because it doesn't have anything assumed. A closer one to your sentence would be : "I have to take multiple means of transport to my company because I live far away. First I ride on my bike to the bus stop, then take a bus to a place near my office and then walk the rest of the distance." (OR I cover parts of the distance first on my bike, then by bus and finally on foot)
You do not use a variety of means. You use only one means of transport: the bus. What do you mean: "I ride to the bus stop"? What exactly do you ride? Again, the reason you have to ride, bus, and walk, is not because you live far from the company. You ride to the bus stop because you live far from the bus stop. You take the bus because you live far from the company. You walk because that's the only way from the bus stop to your company. So I think you might have to rewrite the whole thing. As I live far form the company, my daily commute is somewhat varied. First, I ride my bike (I presume it's a bike) to the bus stop, then I take the bus to town, and after that I have to walk to the company.
Jinglian