Jody
who represented who? 【The press, forty Washington reporters and the two foreign correspondents—Brandon of the London Sunday Times and Barber of the Telegraph-flew on a chartered airliner; they were represented aboard 26000 by the reporters of the White House press pool, a quartet of veterans from the wire services, television networks, news magazines, and metropolitan dailies. 】 in "they were represented aboard 26000 by the reporters of the White House press pool", I am totally confused. who represented who? are those forty reaporters and Brandon represented the White House press poool and boarded on the president's plane, or the white house press pool represented them?I see, "be represented" here means "present" according to Longman dictionary, if a group, organization, area etc is represented at an event, people from it are at the event
The press were represented by the people aboard the aircraft. aboard 26000 - I think 26000 is the aircraft or flight number The press were represented by..... We use the word "represent" to detail exactly what the "press" consists of here. So it is a different meaning for the word.