junjie
Translation Exercise Part 6 (English to Mandarin) 20 Sentences. 1. She crouched down by the gate. 她蹲下在大门的旁边。 2. The dog was run over by a car. 那只狗被汽车轧了。 3. The hotel is run by his uncle. 那家酒店被他的叔叔管理。 4. He was deserted by his friends. 他被他的朋友门抛弃了。 5. I was delayed by a traffic jam. 我被交通堵塞耽误了。 6. Memorize the poem by next week. 下周记得这首诗。 7. She went to the museum by taxi. 她承出汽车到了博物馆去。 8. Don't let opportunities pass by. 别让机会错过了。 9. He is getting better bit by bit. 她点点滴滴越来越好。 10. She is being blackmailed by him. 她被他勒索了。 11. Was this letter written by Mary? 这封信被Mary写得吗? 12. I was deeply moved by his speech. 我被她的讲话很深地感动。 13. They were scolded by the teacher. 他们被老师骂了。 14. I will finish my homework by nine. 当下午九点种之内,我会完成我的作业。 15. Mary took out the eggs one by one. Mary一一吧鸡蛋拿了出来。 16. She is related to him by marriage. 她和他被婚姻有关系。 17. Traveling by boat is a lot of fun. 乘船旅游着很好玩。 18. He came by car instead of by train. 反而乘火车,他坐气车来。 19. I was convinced by his explanation. 我被他的解释说服了。 20. The boy caught the dog by the tail. 那孩子从尾巴抓了狗。
4
0
1 the structure should be sb+where+verb= sb+verb+where so you’d better say it in this way: 她在大门(的)旁边蹲下了(蹲着=crouching)。Or 她蹲在大门的旁边(it will be better if you don’t translate the word “down” into 下) 2 Correct! If the 主语subject is a person, it will be better to be translated into 被车撞了。 3 by can be translated both into 被 and 由, here 由 will be better. The hotel=这家酒店 这家酒店由他的叔叔管理 4 Correct! Friends=朋友们, not 门=door 5 your translation is right , but we always say this sentence in another way. The meaning is as same as your translation. 我被交通堵塞耽误了=交通堵塞(=塞车sai1 che1)耽误了我(的事)。 6 by next week= before next week,记得=记住(了) 下周前要记住这首诗。 7 by taxi=乘坐出租车=乘出租车=坐出租车,promise=承诺, we use 承 here,座位=seat,we use 座here. Went=去了, we always add 了 in the past tense. 她坐出租车去了博物馆。 8 Absolutely right! 9 bit by bit= 一点点地= 渐渐地,getting better=变好, he=他,she=她,it=它 他渐渐地变好了。 10 Absolutely right! 11 a letter which is written by Mary= 一封Mary写的信, due to this ,this question should be translated into:这封信是Mary写的吗? 12 be moved=被…感动了。Deeply=深深地,he=他,his words=他的讲话,speech=演讲 我被他的演讲深深地感动了。 13 scold=训斥,骂is ok, but not as good as 训斥、责备(=blame)。They=他们, you could use 她们,if you are sure about that all of them are girls, this will be right as well. 他们被老师训斥了。 14 by nine, like “by next week” =before nine=九点之前/以前 我将会在九点以前完成我的作业。 15 one by one= 一个接着一个= 一个个地,好吧(PIN YIN is ba)=ok, we use 把 here. Mary 一个个地把鸡蛋拿(了)出来。 16 by marriage = 以结婚的方式, kind of like “in a adj. way” 以…的方式 be related= be in a relationship,I will translate into 存在联系,被联系在一起 她和他以结婚的方式联系在一起。 17 hehe, you should put 着 in a different way, or you could delete 着 乘船(or 坐船)旅游很好玩, or 乘着船旅游很好玩。 18 instead of 用..代替…,means he choose to come by car finally, not by train. Car=汽车 他用坐汽车代替坐火车来, or 他选择乘坐出租车来,而不是坐火车来。 反而=but, however 19 Absolutely right! Pay attention to 说服’s PIN YIN, is shui4 fu2, not shuo1 fu2 我被他的解释说服了。=他的解释说服了我。 20 this sentence = the boy caught the dog’s tail. I think it will be easier for you to translate. :) 这个孩子抓住了狗的尾巴。
1. She crouched down by the gate. 她蹲下来,坐在门边上。 2. The dog was run over by a car. 那只狗被车轧了。 3. The hotel is run by his uncle. 那家酒店是他叔叔经营的。 4. He was deserted by his friends. 他被朋友门抛弃了。 5. I was delayed by a traffic jam. 我因为交通堵塞而耽误了。 6. Memorize the poem by next week. 到了下周,要会背这首诗。 7. She went to the museum by taxi. 她坐出租车去了博物馆。 9. He is getting better bit by bit. 她一点儿一点儿地好起来了。 10. She is being blackmailed by him. 她正在遭他勒索。 11. Was this letter written by Mary? 这信是Mary写的吗? 12. I was deeply moved by his speech. 我被她的讲话深深地打动了。 13. They were scolded by the teacher. 他们受到了老师的批评。 14. I will finish my homework by nine. 我会在九点前写完作业。 15. Mary took out the eggs one by one. Mary把鸡蛋一个一个地拿了出来。 16. She is related to him by marriage. 她和他有婚姻关系。 17. Traveling by boat is a lot of fun. 乘船旅游很好玩。 18. He came by car instead of by train. 他是坐汽车来的,而不是坐火车来的。 20. The boy caught the dog by the tail. 那孩子抓住了狗的尾巴。
1. 她蹲在大门的旁边。 8.别错失机会 9.她一点点好起来 11.这封信是Mary写的吗? 12.我被她的讲话深深地感动了。 14.当下午九点之前 16.他和她有婚姻关系 18.差得很远。。 他坐汽车来的而不是坐火车。 4.7,15错别字 19,20 不要直接翻译比较好。 我被他说服了。那孩子抓住了狗尾巴
1. She crouched down by the gate. 她蹲在大门边。 2. The dog was run over by a car. 那只狗被汽车轧了。 3. The hotel is run by his uncle. 那家酒店是由他叔叔管理/经营的。 4. He was deserted by his friends. 他被他的朋友抛弃了。 5. I was delayed by a traffic jam. 我被交通堵塞(给)耽误了。 6. Memorize the poem by next week. 下周之前要记住/背会这首诗。 7. She went to the museum by taxi. 她乘出租车去了博物馆。 8. Don't let opportunities pass by. 别让机会错过了。 9. He is getting better bit by bit. 他逐渐好转。 10. She is being blackmailed by him. 她被他勒索了。 11. Was this letter written by Mary? 这封信是Mary写的吗? 12. I was deeply moved by his speech. 我被她的演讲深深地感动了。 13. They were scolded by the teacher. 他们被老师骂了。 14. I will finish my homework by nine. 在下午九点种之前,我会/要完成我的作业。 15. Mary took out the eggs one by one. Mary 一一把鸡蛋拿了出来。Mary把鸡蛋一一拿了出来。 Mary把鸡蛋一个一个拿了出来。 16. She is related to him by marriage. 她和他是姻亲关系。 17. Traveling by boat is a lot of fun. 乘船旅游很好玩。 18. He came by car instead of by train. 他坐汽车来,而不是乘火车。 19. I was convinced by his explanation. 我被他的解释说服了。 20. The boy caught the dog by the tail. 那孩子抓住了狗的尾巴。 Hope it helps. :)
junjie
Chinese (Mandarin)