Vika
what's the difference between 'get someone to do' / 'have someone do' My English teacher told me we can say "I got my friend to do my homework" or "I had my friend do my homework". I see there is 'to', but is there any difference in meaning. I need help, my English teacher bad and not help me, he stupid :(((
"let," "make," "have," and "get." are causative verbs . Have [have + person + verb] This construction means "to give someone the responsibility to do something." Examples: * Dr. Smith had his nurse take the patient's temperature. *Please have your secretary fax me the information. * I had the mechanic check the brakes. ----------------------------------------------- Get [get + person + to + verb] This construction usually means "to convince to do something" or "to trick someone into doing something." Examples: *Susie got her son to take the medicine even though it tasted terrible. *How can parents get their children to read more? *The government TV commercials are trying to get people to stop smoking.