Esther-Hadasah
Por favor, I have one question I know gustan for you, gusta for you-formal, but I found a question in these sentences:1. No te gusta el arroz? 2. te gustan los caballos. why does "te" can be used in these two sentences?? And how can I use "te"? Gracias
2nd Attempt :): Chinese "xihuan" and english "like" do NOT work like spanish "gustar". In a sentence where you see the verb "gustar", you must realize that the subject is not the person that expresses his/her opinion. You cannot say, for example: Yo gusto los coches, tú gustas los coches, él gusta los coches***. All these sentences are INCORRECT!!!! The right way to write these sentences with the verb gustar is to assume that the subject is "los coches". So, first thing, the right way to write the verb conjugation, in this case, would be "gustan" (third person plural, because "los coches" is third person plural). But we don't say: Los coches gustan a mi, but "Los coches me gustan", or, more commonly "Me gustan los coches". So, once again, you must assume that, with the verb gustar, the person that expresses his/her opinion is not the subject of the verb and, as a consequence, does not influence AT ALL the conjugation of the verb gustar: I LIKE cars: me GUSTAN los coches; he LIKES cars: le GUSTAN los coches... So, what in chinese and english is the subject, in spanish (with the verb GUSTAR, and some other verbs) is the indirect object, as in chinese sentence 我给你这本书,你 would be the indirect object (but in chinese you make no difference). So, you have to learn how to transform pronouns when they work as indirect object: "Yo" becomes me; tú: te; él/ella: le; nosotros: nos; vosotros: os; ellos: les. Me gusta el chino; Te gusta el chino; Le gusta el chino; Nos gusta el chino; Os gusta el chino; Les gusta el chino.
Esther-Hadasah
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
English, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish