beolka
전치격 조사 in Korean Language Help me, please. I study Korean Grammar using textbook. At this moment I study cases. One of cases is 전치격 조사, but I can't understand its using. And I can't find any information about it in my language. Is it used in Korean Language nowadays? if yes, in what cases? What constructure does it have? Thank you a lot.This is the extract from the book (the book is in Russian, I hope I translate it to English right ^__^) 전치격 조사 - answers the questions WHAT ABOUT? WHOM ABOUT? and has the endings: -에 대하여(-에 대한), -에 관하여 (-에 관한). Ex: 나는 한국에 대하여 공부합니다. 나는 러시아 역사에 관하여 공부합니다.Is it really separate grammatical case or it's just dative case+대하여, 관하여?
Hi, I think the book was translated a little bit dificult. We don't use a word '전치격 조사'. If you write examples in the book about '전치격 조사', I can give you help. ^^
Brad, Thank you! Thank you very much. You gave me the very useful information!
전치 - preposed 격 - role 조사 - postposition, postpositional particle so 전치격 조사 means postposition but roleing like preposition in English. compare below 한국에 대하여 - "에 대하여" follows "한국" as a postposition about Korea - "about" comes before "Korea" as a preposition I hope that this helps you.
I think it's like preposition in English. and "에 대하여/에 관하여" here exactly means "ABOUT" in English. "에 대해/에 관해" is short form of them, and commonly used in Korea. What do you study about? I study about Korea. I study about Russian history. (당신) 뭐에 대해 공부해요? (나는) 한국에 대해 공부해요. (난) 러시아 역사에 대해 공부해요.