Надя
Help me with my essay, please I have a quotation : " one is never tired of painting, because you have to set down, not what you knew already, but what you have just discovered" and I have to write an essay with my opinion about this quotation. I agree, but I have to write some arguements. Could you help me with arguements, please
3
0
Try to write your own argument* as a notebook entry and ask for advice and someone will likely correct it and add their opinion. Good Luck ^_^ Actually, it might be better to write an agreeing thesis. Argument may be the wrong word. Did it ask for an argument specifically?
Have a look at this italki group which discusses Art http://www.italki.com/groups/539
Your essay is a discursive essay. This type of essay help you to learn how to logically structure an argument and counter the arguments of others, like a debate.. To write this essay you must follow a strict structure. You should create a plan first and then follow it to develop your essay. Essay Structure: Introduction Your essay must begin with proper introductory paragraph to the topic. If possible, provide both side’s point of view, yours and the opposite in the beginning to create balance in the essay. This will also help in building the interest of the reader. Main body of your essay 3-4 paragraphs The body of your essay should also be divided into several paragraphs for easy reading. Use separate paragraphs to put forward the negative and positive points. Your strongest argument must occur in the second paragraph. You must strengthen it with expert opinions, real world examples and statistical data. In subsequent paragraphs in discursive essays put forward the arguments in descending order of importance. Always write new thoughts in separate paragraphs. You can cite examples also to substantiate the opinions. Conclusion The essay must conclude with a summary/conclusion. Do not introduce any new information in this part. The summary should be based on the job you have done in the essay. Do not be prejudiced and make your position clear. Give tribute to both sides of the opinion. If you can give prediction for the future of your topic, then it will add value to your essay. Try writing your essay following this plan and post it in Notebook for correction.
Надя
English, French, Italian, Russian
English, French, Italian