Mohsen
Professional Teacher
what does that mean? Did she set you up?
5
1
This depends a lot on the context. Usually this would mean "Did she introduce you to a potential [romantic] partner". It can also mean "did she help you get ready for something". "Set up" in the non-romantic sense usually means "get something ready" or "get something prepared". Ex: Did you set up my new computer? Set-up can also mean a "trap". Ex: The drug sale was a set up by the police to arrest the drug dealers.
if sb sets you up,you will find yourself in a dangerous situation that you might be found guilty even though you haven't done anything wrong. eg=>My friends set me up in the crime scene and then I was arrested by the police and was sentenced for maximum penalty.However,I was innocent.
Has she Arrange someone to Meet you?
Hi But as far as I know: For example you have a girlfriend but your ex is still in love with you. Then she tries to do something to your new girlfriend thinks that you are dating with your ex. so, your ex set a date to prove this for your new partner. so, she is trying to set you up. in persian we say( توطئه چیدن)
she set with you :D its so easy
Mohsen
English, French, Persian (Farsi), Spanish
English, French, Spanish