Brainer
What would you say instead "A" and "B"? Jenny - Who did this? Brian - I did, but... Jenny (A) - No buts! Go to your room immediately! Fabio - Who did this? Vera - I did. Fabio - Why? Vera - It's a beautiful day, isn't it? Fabio (B) - Don't change the speach! The sentences are "No buts" and "Don't change the speach". I don't know if you use them. If you don't, could you give me the right sentences? Thank you in advance!
3
0
"No buts!" is commonly used in the context you have given. "Don't change the speach" is not used. (Speach is spelled speech, by the way.) In the context given and similar uses, the phrase would be "Don't change the subject!" The other person said "topic" and while that is not what I most commonly have heard, I think it works about as well as "subject".
We don't say, "don't change the speech",, we say "don't change the topic!" "No buts!" is ok, but only for colloquial speaking, usually only a parent to a child.
janny- who did this ? brain--i did, fabio--who did this? vera--i did, fabio--why? vera--because.......................??? (dont you know brainer ? that why ? ) :)))
Brainer
English, Japanese, Portuguese