cpascual66
So you think that watching movies is a good way to improve our target language? I think so, yes. I've been watching like 4 or 5 movies each week, in English of course. Usually after dinner, instead of wasting time in Facebook or other silly things I spend some nights on watching movies, usually american movies because are so easy to find on the internet! For instance, the last film that I watched was called "Social Network" and it was a kind of biography of Mark Zuckerberg, the creator and owner of facebook.com, that was a really interesting movie in my opinion! Anyway I usually have a notebook next to me in every movie that I see in order to write down useful words, sentences and constructions so later I can check them out. And you? Do you think that watch a movie is a useful tool to improve your language? PS: I don't know if I should use "see" instead "watch" when I'm talking about movies. PS: I also don't know if it's better to use movie or film, please help me out with that! I'm looking forward to read your opinions about it!
6
4
I agree with you...it's a great way to hear the language as it's spoken, so you can pick up a lot of expressions that you'd never learn in a traditional classroom environment. See vs. Watch... I want to say that you can always use watch and be safe. What I'm about to say is just a rule of thumb (not sure if it's always applicable): you can use see as long as the form isn't "seeing". I'm seeing a move, I was seeing a movie, etc...those all sound strange to me.
I think this is a good way to learn new words and colloquial expressions! Nevertheless I prefer watching tv series rather than movies because their plot is easyer to understand!
Yes it's great idea. Here are more resources for you http://www.italki.com/resources/34/learn_english_in_spanish.htm
oh! that's interesting when you wrote words and expressions and check tjem later. thank you for this precious advice. a_a
Yes, I believe that watching movies is a good way to improve your language skills. See vs. Watch "Did you see that documentary on Channel 4 last night?" "Did you watch that documentary on Channel 4 last night?" "I had dinner and watched TV for a couple of hours." ***See cannot be used "Let's go see a movie." "Let's go watch a movie." "Let's watch a movie." ***See cannot be used Movie vs. Film "Movie" is American English "Film" is British English
cpascual66
Catalan, English, Portuguese, Spanish
English, Portuguese