BeatrizB
The use of "enough" I think I studied this once, but now I can't remember it. When do you have to say "enough"? For example: I don't have money enough I don't have enough money Or both are correct?
Everyone has already given the answer. Let me list down the various usages of "enough" :) *************************************************************************************** As an ADJECTIVE : 1. adequate for the want or need; sufficient for the purpose or to satisfy desire e.g. Is your coffee hot enough ? Noise enough to wake the dead. *************************************************************************************** As an indefinite PRONOUN : 2. an adequate quantity or number; sufficiency. e.g. I gave him enough to go and buy a car Enough <in this report> tells me that you're wrong *************************************************************************************** As an ADVERB : 3. in a quantity or degree that answers a purpose or satisfies a need or desire; sufficiently. e.g. He didn't work hard enough to qualify for the finals 4. fully or quite e.g. It is not ready enough. *************************************************************************************** As an INTERJECTION 5. used to express impatience or exasperation e.g. Enough! I heard you the first time. *************************************************************************************** The rules of grammar state that : The adverb of degree "enough" means "to the necessary degree" and it is placed after adjectives and adverbs Is your cocoa sweet enough? You didn't try hard enough. When enough is used with an adjective it can be followed by: for somebody/something The room is big enough for three people. You are not qualified enough for this job. to + infinitive She is old enough to vote. Sarah is crazy enough to do it. When enough is placed before a noun it no longer functions as an adverb, but as a determiner meaning "as much as it is necessary" We don’t have enough money to refurbish our home. You have enough firewood. ***************************************************************************************
Hi, I don't have enough money, is correct, the first one is incorrect.
First one: I don`t have enough money, my friend
The last one ("I don't have enough money") is correct.
Dio mio, I had the feeling that this would be answered by many jaja but "I DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY" is correct. :)