Maria
Please check my story. Hi everybody! Hope you are doing good and there is my first topic. I'm learning English and want to reach an advanced level. I didn't write something about myself cause it's a banal thing I think, so this is a short true story which had happened with my friend once. My favorite illegal thing in a plane is a petrol-powered saw. No, I didn't try to bring it, but my co-worker did. Several years ago he had to back to Russia from LV.. He bought petrol-powered saw in a Sears. Don't ask me why he didn't buy it in Vlad. I don't know still. Then he came to O'Hare Airport to see whether he can put it in a baggage or not. Of course not. There are several big-color pictures at the KoreanAir desk about it. But he said "ha-ha!" and went away with smile on face. The next morning he came to check-in with two cases. He just took a parts the saw and put in different cases. Didn't work. Saw was completely removed. No more smiles during all flight. You are welcome to post your comments and corrections about it :)
In general, you English is fairly good. Stormaggedon has a good correction. You need to keep track of your articles ('a', 'an', 'the') more. One thing, though. You want to post future entries of this length in the Notebook section. There are a number of tools for markup there which make it much better for text of this length. Keep up the good work.
Stormaggedon, Sivaprasad thanks a lot for your comments and correction! I'll post my next topics at my Notebook page.
Please post it in Notebook
Awesome work stormaggedon :) And Maria, fdmaxey is completely right. It is much easier to correct entries in the notebook section. Just post questions here and write entries over there :)
The first sentence is a little wonky, but over all the paragraph was very good! I understood everything you were trying to say.