Damaris
How do you use this structure: Go + do something. Let' s say I told my younger sister to take a shower. I went like : Go take a shower right now! After a little while I turned to my mother and asked : "Has she gone take a shower yet?" 1) Is this question "Has she gone take a shower yet?" correctedly put together? 2) Does it sound natural? If not, what would be natural in this context? 3) Could you give me a few more examples using this structure go+do sth in other verb tenses? Thanks a lot.
No. It is completely wrong. "Go take a shower right now!" is a command (imperative mood). "Has she gone and taken a shower yet?" is a question (interrogative mood). The grammar structures are very different, as you see. "Has she gone take...." is broken English. You could only use "go + do something" in imperative mood... and maybe present subjunctive. Like I said, different grammar for different moods.