admort
I'd like to know the difference between really and actually, can you help me?
The meaning is almost exactly the same. But in the US, we use "really" in some informal ways that we wouldn't use "actually" -- for instance, as a one word question to verify something, the way you'd use "verdad?" in Spanish, or just as a sign of interest in a conversation: "I went to the movie last night." "Really? What did you see?" ...or to add emphasis: "I really like you!" A general rule is that you can always substitute really for actually, but not the other way around..."actually" won't fit all the same places we use "really" -- because we Americans say "really" a lot"! We really like the word really! And of course you've probably noticed that we pronounce it more like "rilly." And neither word conveys any sense of the present time, so don't think of the Spanish word "actualmente!" It is a false amigo. :)