Sebastián
is there some difference between "I do have" and "I have"?? what is better?
4
0
You would normally say "I have" You would say "I DO have" (notice the emphasis) in a situation where you state that you don't have something, but that you have something else which may be just as good. "I don't have Adida's in stock, but I DO have some new Nike's" "I don't have any jasmine tea left, but I DO have some Oolong."
In simple present tense and past simple tense we sometimes use do/does/did to emphasize or to show firmness.. (1) I do finish my homework everyday. (2) I do like to be on time. (3) My parents do come at my home on every weekend. (4) They do live by their own.
Hello, My name is maris, which is really nice to get on this site, I took interest in you after reading your profile at (www.italki.com). (maris_1love@yahoo.com) I believe age and distance has nothing to do with love, so just drop me an email through my private e-mail address (maris_1love@yahoo.com), so that we can communicate better and I send you my images. Thank you. maris.
April 11, 2013
I do have is meant for emphatic use. I have is more often used. Example: I have home work. I have school tomorrow. Well, I do have homework. Well, I DO have school tomorrow. I do like you! etc...
Sebastián
English, German, Spanish
German