afsane
You're a shoe! What did Rachel mean when said this phrase to his father after leaving the wedding over the phone( Friends series/E01S01) All my life, everyone's always told me, "You're a shoe!"/What if I don't want to be a shoe?/What if I want to be a purse?/Or a hat? I've seen these fantastic tv show over and over again but I still don't get some phrases and scenes...
What are the most important things you look for in a shoe, besides style and fashion? It has to fit well, it has to be comfortable and dependable. What the father is saying is that Rachel can always be depended upon, that she makes herself fit other peoples wishes. It also says that she is not particularly noticeable, she doesn't stand out. Rachel doesn't want to be thought of as just someone who is dependable, but that nobody gives much notice to.
It can also mean that you are timid and get walked on all over by other people.