hisashi
Any TV shows? I'd like to improve my skill of listening English by watching TV shows which is available now. My curiosity is Sci-Fi which describes technology as well as society. And I am also interested in student life because I'd like to study abroad. Therefore, as far as I watched, -The Ghost in The Shell -The Big Bang Theory are the best ones. I also like -Heroes -Terminator(1-3, Sarah Conar Chronicles) -Aliens(1-4, Prometeus) -Planet of the Ape -Matrix I hope some one will kindly suggest any other TV shows which may improve listening skills and match to my interest? Unfortunately, I am not interested in those kind of movies. -they use too casual language. -actions, such as destroying, car chasing, and gun shooting, are too much ( I prefer story itself) -horror ( I don't like horror, but I like alien series because it is based on science)
Watch free movies with subtitles : www.itv.com and www.free-tv-video-online.info/ and you can also Watch CNN News online for free Various TV channels for free: www.tvchannelsfree.com WATCH TV SERIES ON YOUTUBE Kidnapped - Robert Louis Stevenson - The English TV series . ► 0:41► 0:41 www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgzllVHoU1424 STALKER - TV Series Trailer - English - YouTube ► 1:25► 1:25 www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AQteAauItA10 The first teaser for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. TV series. www.kinostalker.com. DVD Collection - British TV series - YouTube ► 4:25► 4:25 www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcmoePNGK1o18 Funny British TV show skit - YouTube ► 1:03► 1:03 www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NzuEP7glUg Airline UK TV Show S08E09 (1/3) - YouTube ► 9:01► 9:01 www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeT4LSF4mhE30 Aug 2008 - 9 min - Uploaded by bored242 A passenger who turns up too late for her flight to Paris .. You can also watch The Daily English Show here: http://a4esl.org/tdes/
I suggest to see Dubai One , its has many good shows thats also interesting. you u can also listen to music and check their translations, writing in down would be better. Practice it, Only practice makes you Perfect.
I like Grey's anatomy and House
Indeed, 'Big Bang Theory' is wicked in exploring jokes regarding Sci-Fi! A few else you'd fancy I think would be 'Firefly', one of the best known series in this field, and Doctor Who. There's also 'Battlestar Galactica' and one of my favourites for the supernatural/alien theme- 'The X-Files'. 'Black Mirror', another UK series like 'Doctor Who', wonderfully shows the dark side of technology and its doings on society. 'Fringe' is another one of those with the unexplained phenomena theme aaand 'Life on Mars', another UK series, is something rather light and deals more on Murder/ Crime but still has that Sci-fi edge to it (two police officers from 2006 wake up form a car accident to find themselves in the 1973 version of their town). That's all I can think of, I wasn't sure which English you were referring for a pronunciation guide, so I added British English ones to the mix! (Really suggest Firefly as well!)
Hi Hisa, I think the best series for you might be Star Trek, the Next Generation. I believe, it's just what you like - a lot of aliens, a lot of science, a lot of stories, a lot of society. There is even one student - Wesley Crusher. It's a very old movie though, but try one episode... search it on YouTube - maybe you'll like it.