Samvisee
Doubt on a Birthday wish I just sent an SMS to a friend. I'm asking if this sentence is correct: "Happy Birtday Buddy. I wish you're goint to have a really nice day" It is correct to use "wish + going to" ? or it's beter to use "wish + will"
3
0
Neither of those, just: I wish you a really nice day Sentences like I wish I were ... I wish I had ... etc indicate you are sorry for not being/not having
Happy birTHday buddy. Have a really nice day! If you still want you use the verb WISH in the sentence, you could say. I wish you a wonderful birthday and a great day!
The way you're trying to put it should be more like: Happy Birthday buddy. I hope that you have a very nice day. If you want to use "wish" in the sentence, then you could put: I want to wish you a Happy Birthday and a wonderful day. I hope that helps! :)
Samvisee
English, Italian