james
what is the difference among these? puedo puede puedes tango tanga tienes
4
0
As said in the prior response, this is the simple present tense of verb "poder" (that can be translated as "to can" or "to be able to") (yo) puedo --> I can (tú) puedes --> you can (él/ella) puede --> he/she can (ústed) puede --> you can (in a formal way) For the other three: * tienes comes from the verb "tener" (to have) (yo) tengo --> I have (tú) tienes --> you have (él/ella) tiene --> he/she has (ústed) tiene --> you have (in a formal way) * tango --> an argentinian dance * tanga --> a very small piece of underwear both for women and men Hope it helps you!
Poder : To be able to In Spanish, the present tense puts the stress on the second-last syllable. So the stress made in this case is on the letter 'O'. Generally, when stress is put on 'O', it breaks into UE. Hence in the present tense Poder becomes Puedo, Puede and Puedes. Puedo : I can Puede : You can (when said formally) Puedes : You can ( when said to a friend or to a known person, i.e. informal) ****************************************************************************************************** Similarly, Tener : to have This is an irregular verb that becomes Tengo in the first person present tense . Similar to 'O', when stress is put on 'E', ti breaks into IE, so, Tengo : I have Tiene : You have (when said formally) Tienes : You have ( when said to a friend or to a known person, i.e. informal) ****************************************************************************************************** Now in English, we have the subjunctive tense when we say "GO !"or "COME". It can be thought of as a command tense, when we are making a strong request or giving a command. In spanish, when we use this tense on tener, it becomes tenga : HAVE ! ****************************************************************************************************** e.g. Quiero poderlo : I want to be able to do it. Puedo correr : I can run Puede leer : You can read Puedes ben conmigo ? : Can you come with me ? Quiero tenerlo : I want to have it Tengo un libro : I have a book Tiene una bicicleta : You have a bicycle Tienes que benir conmigo : You have to come with me .. Tengalo : Have it ! ******************************************************************************************************
james
Arabic, English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
Arabic, Japanese, Spanish