in italki lots of people try to learn korean , what is the importance of it ?
The importance of the Korean language lies in business opportunities around Asia and because of Korea’s increasing trade volume and foreign investors. Many top Korean businesses are breaking into East Asian markets. These businesses advocate and seek highly experienced bilingual individuals graduates from Europe, Russia, Central Asia and the USA for business and trade opportunities.
my great great granparent's were korean and i would have loved to learn korean and about the korean culture.
Hello i am Jenny I saw your profile today at italki.com so i decided to write to you, here is my email([email protected]) so that I will send my picture,
Hi there! Well I suppose the main reason why people is taking up korean would be because they like kpop and kdramas and would like to really be able to understand it and also if they practice taekwondo they use a little bit of korean; for me is a little bit because of kpop/kdramas , and also because I keep getting information about korean History and their people ways, ideas,cuisine during different time periods and i got really interested on it, u know how some people love the England periods of XVI-XIX?or any other? well I took interest on the legends of the creation of the korean ancient nations like goguryeo, silla, the legend of the 3 gods... even if i look like a geek (hopefully not so much! ) is quite fascinating and is not so easy to learn things abut it if u can't read korean or are not able to talk with korean people who of course, are the ones that knows more about their history. If u like classial music there are some instruments with just korean origins like gayageum and many others and is really lovely to listen to then at least once, and last I'm learning korean traditional painting so another reason to learn korean. Anyway I'm completely sure that the reasons i wrote are some that can be the answer to why people learn any language not only korean, cause every culture has so many great and interesting things to learn about...
Because of their wonderful dramas and famous celebrities:)
April 15, 2013