Can someone tell me if this is the MOST casual/common way of saying the following words in chinese? 1. ni3 hao3=hello 2. xie4 xie4=thank you/thanks 3. bu2 yong4 xie4=your welcome 4. zai4 jian4=good bye ***5. shi4=yes?---//or should I say-- : shi4 de=yeah? ***6. shi4=am/is/are/was/were/to be? 7. qing3=please 8. Ni3-hao3, wo3 jiao4 (**my name**).=Hello, I called **(my name)**. (when intruducing myself to others) Thanks in advance. I do not want to speak fancy, I just want to learn how to speak like the average chinese culture speaks, because if it's anything like "proper english", I don't speak like an english professor, and the majority of the average americans don't either. I just want to know how it is normally spoken, not how it is written straight out of a text book.Ooops. Sorry again. on # 3---- I mean "you're welcome". I text on the phone all the time, so I keep forgetting to type the difference between "you're" and "your" when I'm typing on the computer. :) I do that alot :) thanks
Yep, they are very commonly used. As for "you are welcome", either "bu2 yong4 xie4" or "bu2 ke4 qi4" is ok. "shi4" in some cases is similar to "be", or "yes", but if we are to ask questions or show doubts, we put "ma1" at the end. So it should be: "shi4 ma1"--yes?or yeah? As you want the most casual way, I think "qing3" is quite formal and polite, we don't use it between friends.
you made it, Do you watch some Chinese TV series?That can be great help if you don't have some one to chat in Chinese.And the TV series includes all kinds of dialect or some native expression.
Your third sentence, you should translate into English as: You are welcome, but not your welcome, that is not correct in grammar.