Diamond
Take something for granted I use it when I am so used to something that I don't recognize its true value. Can I use the same expression to talk about people? Can I say "I am taken for granted"? Thank you.
I am being taken for granted. This term will be used in a specific situation. So you can use the above term for present tense. And Yes, it most definitely is used for people too. e.g. Don't take your friends for granted !
Owwww YES!!!!!! YES it most definitely can be used when talking about people. Let me give you a few examples so you can better understand the meaning. :) .... My ex-wife always took me for granted. I was always taken for granted when I was married. Before my divorce, I was being taken for granted. I am no longer being taken for granted, because I am divorced :) heehee I hope that helps you understand that you can MOST definitely use that term for people. It is most commonly used in regards to people. And it is an unproven, yet not hidden, FACT that the term "taken for granted" can easily be referred to most relationships, by men and women :) Sorry, I just wanted to stress the fact that it can be used in regards to people.
Sivaprasad is correct.