Meg.T
What are polite ways to say "should've been better"? When you point out, in a roundabout way, something that needs to be improved, what would you say? Please give me as many expressions as you can think of. I need a variety. Thanks a lot!!!
1. In general this ___________ has some good points but there are few places that need some attention. 2. It's not bad , but... 3. There is still some room for improvement in this __________ 4. Can you take another look at this? 5. Can you go over this one more time?
Thank you everyone!
It depends on the topic and who you are speaking to. It always pays to be polite. For example, if you are a teacher you can say to a student: "That was a great effort but I think that your essay could be improved even more if there were more statistics provided to back up your argument. I do not recommend saying anything about another person's cooking or appearance.
I'd use the following: 'Not bad, but maybe it would be better to...' or 'You could also try to ... instead' :)