Community Web Version Now Available
Type down, does this term exist? Does the term type down can be used for write down something with a keyboard of a computer? I mean, sometimes people say write down to write into a piece of paper whit a pen to take notes or whatever but I wonder if I the term Type Down is used when you want to take notes with a computer. Thanks and regards.
Oct 23, 2012 10:20 PM
Answers · 5
Yes you can say: write this down or type this up
October 24, 2012
Although people will understand what you mean, this is not a very common or natural-sounding phrase. You can easily check questions like these for yourself by googling the full phrase in quotes. "Type down" returns a relatively small number of results, almost none of which have the meaning you intend (i.e., write down, but with a keyboard). If a phrase is common or natural it will yield tens of millions of google hits.
October 23, 2012
Language Skills
English, Spanish
Learning Language