Ganga
Anyway & Any way what is the difference between anyway and any way? please explain with example! Thanks in advance Friends!
6
1
To add to the answer above , "Anyway" can also be used as an interjection in order to assign better meaning or to maintain continuity during a conversation, especially when one switches from one thought to another " Anyway, let's continue with our work" or " I had a terrible day at the office today.Anyway, let's eat"
“Anyway” is an adverb, and it means ''regardless'' or ''in any event'': e.g. Ram’s grades have slipped, but he plans to apply to Harvard anyway. “Any way” is a paired adjective and noun meaning Any particular course, direction, or manner: e.g. Ram is willing to help Raghu prepare for the SAT in any way she can. Then we have “anyways,” a colloquial corruption of “anyway.” It’s universally considered nonstandard and should be avoided altogether. It might help to remember that “anyway” is an adverb, and adverbs can’t be plural.
As two words, any way means the same as "by any means". As a single word, anyway means "in any case" or "regardless". "Anyway" can be used to mean in any case. This adverb is acceptable in formal writing, but intentions may be better expressed by the use of a variation of in any case. Consider your audience when choosing the adverb. Goa is expensive, but many people would like to vacation there, anyway. Goa is expensive, but many people would like to vacation there, in any case. When written as two words, any way can be replaced by in any manner or by by any means. To get students to read, teachers often bribe them any way they can. To get students to read, teachers often bribe them in any manner they can. To get students to read, teachers often bribe them by any means they can. All of these adverbs are acceptable in formal writing.
/////This definition was taken from "Grammarly Handbook"/////........... Anyway, Anyways, or Any Way Anyways The adverb anyways is extremely informal, and indicates the speaker is resuming a narrative thread or changing the topic of discussion. It’s not a word you should use in formal writing. I never did understand numbers very well. Anyways, I’ve decided to move from financing into tech support. Anyway Anyway can be used to mean in any case. This adverb is acceptable in formal writing, but intentions may be better expressed by the use of a variation of in any case. Consider your audience when choosing the adverb. Paris is expensive, but many people would like to vacation there, anyway. Paris is expensive, but many people would like to vacation there, in any case. Any way When written as two words, any way can be replaced by "in any manner" or by "by any means". To get students to read, teachers often bribe them any way they can. To get students to read, teachers often bribe them in any manner they can. To get students to read, teachers often bribe them by any means they can. All of these adverbs are acceptable in formal writing. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ****************** I hope their definition could help you out some, because I don't know how to begin to explain it for you. And truthfuly, I probably misuse the word "anyway" all of the time, because I hardly ever use the "any way" words........... Example of a couple sentences that I would actually use the words "any way" : "I will grill(barbeque/cook) these steaks any way that you want me to."...."I'm going to win that car race any way that I can" /// But I would also say : "I'm going to win that car race "in" any way that I can" and " I will grill these steaks "in" any way that you want me to"....And putting the word "in" in the sentence before the words contradicts their definition. But maybe my sentences are wrong? I'm not sure because I never did like "proper english" crap haha.....So I'm confused too.... But I hope their definition can help you. Good luck
Ganga
English, French, Spanish, Tamil
English, French, Spanish