Tina
how to expand the english vocabulary?
2012年10月26日 09:04
3
0
Tina, make sentences with new words that have some personal meaning in your life. Let's say you learn the new English word "boisterous"- This means 很热闹。 Now you should find a situation in your life that you cn apply this to. For example, my friends and I went to the bar to celebrate my birthday. We were very quiet at first but after a few drinks , my friends and I became very boisterous . Finally the bar owner asked us to leave because we were disturbing the other people.
2012年10月28日
A few good ways to learn new words are: 1) Use a monolingual dictionary to look up words you don't know. Say you don't know the word "cat." If you look it up, you get Cat (n): a carnivorous mammal (Felis catus) long domesticated as a pet and for catching rats and mice. Now you've read the definition and understood the words you know, but say you don't know "carnivorous" and "domesticated". So you look them up and learn two more words, plus the words in their definitions! This is my favorite way to get vocabulary. 2) Read books in your target language! Find an English copy of your favorite book and read it. It'll be slow and frustrating, but if you really like the story, it will be worth it! 3) I really like the website Memrise to learn vocabulary. I hope one of these works for you! Good luck :D
2012年10月26日
Reading interesting websites while you check up for those words you don't understand.
2012年10月26日
Tina