Jan
Which preposition should I use in between? If I request others to send me mails,and I want to add address,so which preposition should I use between "email me"and the address"xxxx@xxxx"?Can I use "to"?
10
0
I would customarily say, "email me at the following address"or "email me at this address...
Dancingbear and Anna are right. We only use ''at'' before email addresses.
'Email me at xx@xx' sounds a little strange. That said, 'mail me' or 'write me' sound weird to me as well... it may be a British English thing. Correct (probably): Email me at xx@xx Incorrect: Email me to xx@xx Correct: Send an email to xx@xx. Send an email to [some person] at xx@xx. I'm not sure I agree with the last part of Anna's answer: it's worded slightly misleadingly. Correct: Email the answers to [some person] at xx. Email [some person] at xx. Incorrect: Email to [some person]. Looks like you're actually supposed to use 'to' when there's something specific you're sending (send a letter to me; email the work to your teacher). Sorry if this is confusing. I can explain further if you want :)
I believe dancingbear's correct. We use at when providing e-mail addresses: Please reach me at xxx@xx.com or e-mail me at xx@xx.com. To add: You may use to when there's a recipient. Example: Please e-mail the answers TO the secretariat AT secretariat@email.com I hope this helps. :)
Yup! You can use "to" "E-mail me to xxxxxx@xxxx.com"
Jan
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, French