Echo
to a native english speaking guy : do you use "thank you all the same" a lot ? on our oral class , our teacher who comes from America do not understand the phrase: "thank you all the same" Is this a Chinese eglish? we had learn it in middle school :when someone do someting but still can not help you ,you should say:"thank you all the same". but now , i adoult if it is correct ?
9
1
You would use it any place where you might say "Thank you anyway." or "Still, thank you." "We tried to give you that gift you wanted, but it was sold out." "Well, thank you all the same for trying." "I wasn't able to finish painting the room." "Thank you all the same. The part you did looks great." If you didn't like this answer, you could say so in the comment and end it with, "Thank you all the same, though." In answer to your question, it is not used a lot, but it is used if the situation calls for it and would be understood.
30 years ago I would hear people use this phrase but now fewer people use it.
It sounds perfectly natural and common to me! Good work for asking for a second opinion. :)
Echo
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Spanish