Ryoko
Community Tutor
Howvto use "always" Are there any nuanced differences in the following sentences? She is always beautiful. Always she is beautiful. She is beautiful as always. Please explain to me, thank you.
27 окт. 2012 г., 5:25
9
0
She is always beautiful. - No special meaning. She is always beautiful, every day. Always she is beautiful. - This sentence is incorrect. (Carjul is right, "always" comes after the verb "to be", and before other verbs.) She is beautiful as always. - She is beautiful (now), like she always is! ("Look at this photo of Angelina Jolie. She is beautiful, as always.")
29 октября 2012 г.
It is very easy and I want to explain it using a simple way. Always go after verb to be. Always go before all verbs least verb to be. I think it is better explain with examples as you have seen in my before answers, so, let's go: "I am always at home" "I always try to answer the Rioko's questions" "Do you always go to church in the morning?" "He is always so nice" "I can always help you" Always can be replaced by other frecuency adverbs as: usually, sometimes, rarely, hardly ever, never. I put them in order of frecuency.
28 октября 2012 г.
She is always beautiful -> She is beautiful (a permanent condition) being talked about in a general sense Always she is beautiful -> Same as above, or used in the sense of comparison between two people when SHE is stressed. e.g. A. Who looks better ? he or she ? B. Always SHE is beautiful She is beautiful as always -> Talking about this particular instance. You mean to say that she is looking beautiful at around the current time frame just like she always looks A. How does she look nowadays ? B. She is beautiful as always. ***************************************************************************************** The usages of Always (adverb) are as follows : 1. every time; on every occasion; without exception: He always works on Saturday. 2. all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly: There is always some pollution in the air. 3. forever: Will you always love me? 4. in any event; at any time; if necessary: She can always move back with her parents. *****************************************************************************************
27 октября 2012 г.
Sorry, I missed typing: How to use "always"
27 октября 2012 г.
Ryoko
Catalan, English, French, Japanese, Spanish
French, Spanish