秦之子
在什么情况下,能用逗号连接单句么? "There are cues that I usually notice when a date isn't going well: he makes little contact, he's not participating in the conversation, hisbody language is closed off, he doesn't laugh at my jokes." 上一段是报纸《21ST CENTURY》中的一篇文章中的一段话,对于这一部分 “he makes little contact, he's not paarticipating in the conversation, his body language is closed off, he doesn't laugh at my jokes.”,用了三个逗号(three commas)连接四个单句(four single-sentences) ,这样对么?我记得两个单句是不能用逗号连接的。如果能,又是在什么情况下,可以这么做?
9
0
It is correct, only because the 4 sentences are working as 4 signs or 4 examples of why the date is not going well. It is, effectually, a list. It is similar to the following example: I have four hobbies: playing golf, collecting stamps, camping, and shooting targets.
這樣的逗號等於你們中國人的「序列逗号」。我們沒有 「、」這個標點。 你好,你可以用3,4,5句,只要在後面的以前加一個連接詞,比如: 1, 2 ,3, A, B, C, and D 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, or D He likes apples, bananas, oranges, AND strawberries. 這個連接詞把所有的短劇連起來: He goes to school, she goes to work, he goes home, AND she comes home 等於 He goes to school, (and) she goes to work, (and) he goes home, AND she comes home He goes to school, she goes to work, he goes home, OR she comes home 等於 He goes to school, (or) she goes to work, (or) he goes home, OR she comes home 知道嗎?
This sentence isn't horrible, but strictly speaking it is wrong. It would be better to put "and" (or the word "or") after the comma but before "he doesn't laugh at my jokes." (...his body language is closed off, and he doesn't laugh at my jokes.) As Robert says, it is a list and each item in the list happens to be an independent clause. Normally, when you connect two sentences you must use a comma + a word like and, or, but, or so. When there are three or more sentences you can treat them like a list.
Are you looking for a teacher, or just someone to chat with? I have recently returned to US from China, where I taught university-level Oral English, and I am now accepting new, online students. If you only want to be a free language partner with other students, that’s OK. When you want some professional help, let me know.
秦之子