Stella
will and be going to who can clearly explain the difference between "will" and "be going to" Thanks
2
0
Will (future simple) is used to express future intentions that are decided at the time of speaking (spontaneous offers, promises, decisions): Ex-Come on, I'll help you with those bags. (seeing that someone is struggling with their shopping bags) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be going to is used to express future intentions that have already been decided before the time of speaking: Ex-I can't make it on Saturday. I'm going to help my parents around the house. (referring to a decision that the speaker has made in the past) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Will (future simple) is used to make predictions that are based on personal judgement, opinion or intuition. Ex- I think you'll find this book interesting. (opinion) Be going to is used to make predictions that are based on present evidence. The predicted event is either very near (and can be seen) or seems sure to happen. Ex- My girfriend's going to have a baby. (you can see that she is pregnant)
"will" when you're certain about something in the future, "to be going to" when it's your (or someone's) intention to do something
Stella
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Spanish
English, Japanese, Spanish