mayllt
am I right? [Because the testimonial banquet would be routine most of the press, like the mafia, had decided to skip it, and Henry Brandon of the London Sunday Times was dining with I an Englishman who lived in Houston. The host painted a dark picture of anti-Kennedy sentiment among Texas rightists. To Brandon his countryman seemed obsessed with the subject. The radicals couldn't be more vicious, the man said over and over; the situation couldn't possibly be exaggerated.] 1.I wonder what does "the host" indicate to? 2. does "the situation couldn't possibly be exaggerated." mean "the situation is bad enough and couldn't get worse?"
1
0
1. The host of the banquet. 2. The situation was very bad - so bad it would be hard or impossible to exaggerate or overstate it, almost impossible to describe it as worse than it actually was.
mayllt