Dmitry
Must I use dictionary often, when I'm reading English books? I don't understand so much words and phrases. But when I use dictionary, one page of the book takes a lot of time. Answer me,please and correct this article (it's incorrect u'm sure)
Nov 3, 2012 8:35 AM
6
0
The correction: Should I use a dictionary often, when I'm reading English books? I don't understand many words and phrases. But when I use a dictionary, (reading) one page of a book takes a lot of time. Please answer me and correct this article (I'm sure it's incorrect ) Just a couple of insignificant mistakes;)
Yes, you should, although its not fun to read when you have to use the dictionary often. Its like a destraction from the book itself. I recommend you to mark the words you don't know, look them up and learn them by heart. In this way you will expand your vocabulary to a level when you can read without a dictionary, then you'll be trully able to enjoy what you are reading:)
If you understand a little bit of the language, it is better not to use the dictionary often. Just keep reading and try to get the gist of everything. Note down words that are very frequent. If you observe the same word another time, just look in the dictionary and mark that word in the text. This will help you keep reading quickly enough not to lose interest. As you progress, you will feel good about the most occurring words since you will begin to remember them automatically. All the best !
Yes, you must. How do you expect to learn the words? They don't come like magic.
I think if you don't know one or two words but still you understand the meaning of the sentence, that's all right, you don't need to use the dictionary. I use the dictionary when an unknown word prevents me from understanding a sentence.
Dmitry